Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Defibrillate The Echoes

ND fans around the world are raving about the great upset the Irish pulled off over the weekend, tripping up the favored Blue Devils of Duke. The Dukies were obviously overconfident due to their higher national ranking but the Midwesterners had a completely new strategy for the game; they scored some points. The early going was neck and neck, scoreless until just before halftime; then the Catholic Coaches received advice from on high that they could not win without points on the scoreboard. The new strategy seemed to work when the Irish went ahead 7-0 late in the 2nd quarter. Notre Dame then tried an innovative new concept, reminiscent of Knute Rockne's invention of the forward pass, when they actually tackled a Duke ball carrier. In the ensuing melee, surprised Irish defenders found themselves in possession of a brown ovoid leather object which referees assured them they now had the right to use to try to score again. Against all tradition they did.
At halftime coach Weis decided that the new game plan was working and they would try it again in the second half, where it was successful two more times. Luckily the Duke team was not videotaping the ND signals; had they too figured out that scoring points can lead to winning games it might have been close.

5 comments:

Frank said...

by the way I just remembered to look at the moray video Larry posted. I thought it would be much gorier. As long as it was I would still be waiting for it to download if I was on the island.

norton said...

Did you ever sing the song?

Frank said...

of course; I couldn't get it out of my head for days, thank you very much

Frank said...

Bill
I have not had Thai food since I came back; I'm not sure if what I can get here will measure up.
I have been meaning to give you a call - seems it's always too early or I suddenly realize it's too late. I will catch up with you soon.

norton said...

Yep, know the feeling. Just glad you did not come back any less sane. That's the important thing. Can't expect miracles.